so I finally finished my first ever granny square blanket. I do admit I’m proud. My first ever granny square turned into a whole blanket. And the granny bug bit me. I can’t stop and I won’t. These squares are so perfect little in-between projects. Small, easy, fit every pocket, satisfying! just perfect.

 

granny blanket finished

 

now let my share some details on this one. It’s now 1,30 x 1,56 meter and therefore a little smaller than I calculated first hand, but nevertheless a handsome size.
I started on January 1st this year and finished September 1st (according to my ravelry, beacause when I took the little heavy thing outside this morning to take a few pictures I found two more yarn ends to sew in, but I won’t count them, would you? I like to say that I made this whole babe in just eight month).

 

I used catania yarn all over. The colorways I used are: 249 (gold yellow), 254 (greyish brown) and 262 (minty green). Each ball is 50gramm and I used 41 balls in total. So this makes a little over two kilograms for the whole afghan. Exactly 30 of them were minty green, eight were yellow and of course three were brown. I needed to re-order about 12 balls to finish and only because of the border I used up the first brown ball plus two more. Borders eat yarn! Who knew…

 

granny blanket finished

The patterns:
the big dahlia square and my notes
my smaller version
a tutorial on how I made my “classic” granny squares will follow (I’ve learned from the lot of tutorials that can be found already on the interwebs but I made a few changes on the way and want to keep these notes somewhere, what a perfect little place my own blog might be and maybe you will find them interesting as well
and last but not least the border

 

oh even one more, how I joined all my squares will follow in a separate post as well. you can see a close up below or here

 

granny blanket finished

granny blanket finished

granny blanket finished

♥ Diana

<br